Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tennessee Trip

A few years back my mother told me that she had given a baby girl up for adoption before she met and married my dad. She told me this because this person has now contacted her. My mom went out and met her, and kept in contact through emails. I would send holiday cards and when I got on Facebook, I was able to chat with her. We decided to meet in Tennessee for the 4th of July weekend. My parents live there and my brother goes there every year for the 4th, so we thought that would be fun. So after the girls' birthday, I got on a plane Tennessee bound. While in Tennessee I was able to meet my sister Deb, and her family...




went white water rafting...


(Me, Rob, & Deb)

( Rob & Tammy)

(Deb & Keith)

got to visit with my mom and dad, changed my parents' old slides into digital images (very time consuming),

hit a Chattanooga Lookouts baseball game with fireworks and heard from Tommy Lasorda, who was at the game because Chattanooga Lookouts are a farm team for the Dodgers...

visited with my old childhood friend Kim, (grew up next door to her since 3rd grade)...


...and last but not least I was able to sleep in everyday! Did I mention that I went by myself. Darin stayed at home with the kiddies so I could have a vacation from sleep-interrupted nights and whining 2 year olds. It was a great trip and I already want another vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment